Friday, January 18, 2013

About

¡Bienvenidos! Welcome! My name is Nicole, and I am the writer of ¿Qué onda? México is my culinary and cultural muse, and this is where I brainstorm, experiment, ponder, and celebrate it!

I have lived in Puebla, Cuernavaca, and Mexico City, and I periodically travel to Poza Rica. I currently reside in Pittsburgh, PA, where I am on a never-ending search for any and all things Mexican.

I love feedback and comments. Please don't hesitate to contact me at queondamexico@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Blogging world. I have relatives in Poza Rica and love to go to the market and have some Zacahuil.

    Saludos,


    Mely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mely,
      Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment! How nice! I checked out your website and saw that you are from Tampico...just a stone's throw away from Poza Rica. My boyfriend is from Poza Rica and that is why I go to visit often. In fact, I'll be heading there in a few weeks. I absolutely love zacahuil topped with carrots and jalapeños en escabeche on a Sunday morning. I have been wanting to make zacahuil here for a long time, but the only thing that I was missing was the masa martajada. Well, as you could see by my happy accident I think I may have learned how :) I'm so happy to have found your website as a lot of the dishes look familiar to me. Can't wait to try them out. Muchísimas gracias, Mely, por pasar por aquí. Muchos saludos!

      Delete